1. A long, warm, black jacket/coat: This may seem obvious but hear me out. Investing in a brilliant jacket (with pockets!) is a lifesaver. Throw this over any outfit and you will be warm no matter what. I prefer a long one simply because it looks chicer compared to a short everyday jacket. Black because it goes with everything.
2. Faux leather jacket: A faux leather jacket is a great transition piece. They go well with dresses and add just enough toughness to any outfit.
3. Touch-Sensitive gloves: So you don't have to remove your gloves to use your smart phone!
4. Knit jumpers: I practically lived in knit sweaters of all kinds all winter. Look for thick oversized knits in solid colours.
5. Slip ons: They are practically all season but I cannot emphasise how much I love my black and white slip ons. They're comfy, go with every outfit and look sporty but not too much. Do you know what I mean?
6. Chelsea boots: Ah, boots. Boots are probably my favourite piece of winter fashion. I bought two pairs on sale at a store called Warehouse right before winter. I switched between the two pairs almost daily. Many compliments followed.
7. Cozy socks and stockings: Invest in good quality socks. Knee high, ankle socks or slip on socks, they're all necessary armour to keep in warmth and dispel the cold from your body.
8. Infinity Scarf: An infinity scarf in white, grey or black looks fashionable but also keeps you warm. I never really understood why they were so popular. Now I know!
9. Beanie: Beanies protect your ears and head. An oversized beanie will keep you warm and look effortlessly chic.
10. A cardigan: There will be days when jackets will be too warm. That's when cardigans come into the picture.
image source: deathtostock | graphics by me
What are some of your winter fashion essentials?